Stop leaking showers without tile removal!
Precision Seal Waterproofing has a proven track record when it comes to repairing leaking showers with great success from our unique waterproof grout and sealant.
Some of the benefits of our leaking shower system:
- We will repair your leaking shower within 2-4 hours
- No need for tile removal
- Shower will be available for use again only 24 hours later
- Environmentally friendly products used
Why do Showers leak?
During construction a waterproof membrane must be applied to the substrate whether it is concrete compressed fibro or construction grade plywood. Inexperienced waterproofers fail when it comes to delegating the appropriate products for the area to be sealed. Also neglected is the necessary detailing in a waterproof system which in time leads to the waterproof membrane failing due to the smallest amount of building movement whether it be from settlement or hot and cold weather. This is how the leaking shower begins.
Another cause of a leaking shower is that certain membranes have little or zero tolerance to cleaning chemicals, which in time is also known to break them down and cause the membrane fail.
Signs that your shower is leaking…
- Swelling skirting boards
- Dampness or mould build up
- Peeling paint on ceiling, bathroom or outside wall
- Damp musty smell
- Wet carpet
- Stained timber under the sub floor
- Cracked tiles
Leaking Showers & Repairs
Standard service without removing tiles
- Removal of any existing silicone
- De-grout the shower base, shower vertical wall to wall junction and floor waste.
- Clean all debris and prepare the areas to be worked on with our concentrated cleaner.
- Re-grout areas where original grout had to be removed with our unique mould resistant epoxy grout, and seal behind taps.
- Apply our sealer to the walls and floors ensuring a complete seal.
- Replace silicone to the inside of the shower recess.
All work is guaranteed with a 12 year product warranty.
Shower base stripout
- Remove shower screen and old silicone
- Grind the grout to separate and prevent tiles from chipping
- Remove first row of wall tiles and shower base
- Remove failed membrane (should the substrate have water damage, floor may need to be replaced)
- Install new waterproof membrane
- Install new tiles followed by grouting
- Install shower screen and silicone (screen may need to be replaced if deteriorated)
All work backed up with a written 12 year guarantee! *
Call or email us now for a free quote
Precision Seal Waterproofing operates in the Greater Sydney Region – i.e. Sydney Metropolitan area, Sydney CBD, Inner West, Eastern Suburbs, Lower North Shore, Upper North Shore, Northern Beaches, Northern Suburbs, Hills District, St George Sutherland Shire, Western Suburbs, Canterbury-Bankstown, Macarthur-Liverpool, Sydney, Baulkham hills, Kellyville, Cherrybrook, North Rocks, Winston Hills, Seven Hills, Bella Vista, Glenwood, Castle Hill, Blacktown and Epping.